I can’t believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving!! I am so excited! : )
Today I get off work at noon and I’m heading over to my parents house to get to cooking! It took me forever to make up my mind about what I wanted to make, but here’s what made the cut:
- Classic apple pie
- 2 personal sized blueberry pies for Ross
- 2 personal sized pumpkin pies for me (Lisa is making non-vegan pumpkin desserts for everyone else)
- Vegan gravy from this recipe
- Garlic mashed potatoes
- Wild Rice and Butternut Squash dish from this recipe
- Thanksgiving loaf. I took inspiration from the recipe for this holiday nut loaf and this country meat loaf, made a few additions that I thought would be good, and ended up with an entirely new recipe. If it turns out well then I’ll share it with y’all after Thanksgiving!
In the morning I am running the Thundercloud Subs Turkey Trot with Lyndsey (5 miles), then heading back over to my parents house to celebrate what is quite possibly my favorite holiday. I’ll try and remember to take lots of pictures of the cooking process today, the race tomorrow, and anything else that seems picture worthy!